- Ruggedized outdoor PoE Access Point for harsh weather and environment
- IP67 Rated Dust & Water Resistant
- Concurrent Dual-band 802.11ac Wave 2 with 2×2 MU-MIMO
- Wi-Fi speeds up to 867 Mbps for 5GHz band and 400 Mbps for 2.4GHz band
- 2 x Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports with PoE-PD & PoE-PSE support (RP/RPD model)
- 4 SSIDs with unique VLAN setting, Access Control, and Bandwidth Limit policies
- Features AirTime Fairness and Band Steering for better Wi-Fi user experience
- Built-in RADIUS server for 802.1x authentication
- Improve roaming experience by Fast Roaming & AP-assisted Roaming
- Multiple operating modes – AP, Bridge, WDS, and Universal Repeater
- Support both stand-alone and controller-based setup
- Supports VigorACS 2 (Central Management System) for remote management
- Wall or Pole Mountable
- 2 years back to base warranty
The DrayTek VigorAP 920R Series access point is designed for outdoor applications providing high-performance wireless connectivity in harsh environments.
Featuring IP67 certified enclosure and industrial-grade components, VigorAP 920R Series is able to withstand wind, rain, snow and tolerates extreme operating temperatures between -40°C and 70°C. Furthermore, its 802.11ac Wave 2 compliance ensures a fast and reliable connection even in a high-density network.
The VigorAP 920R Series AP can be pole-mounted using the supplied adjustable mounting brackets.
|Model||PoE-In GbE Port||PoE-Out GbE Port||Patch Antenna|
MU-MIMO 802.11ac Wave 2 (AC1200)
The concurrent dual band Wi-Fi feature in the VigorAP 920R Series, supports up to 128 clients on each Wi-Fi band giving a total 256 clients over both bands. It features the latest Wi-Fi technology, 802.11ac Wave 2 in the 5GHz band and 802.11n in the 2.4GHz band. The support of Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO) allows it to deliver high-performance wireless connection even in a crowded network.
MU-MIMO technology allows the AP to communicate with multiple clients concurrently thus improving throughput.
Designed for Long Range
Wi-Fi Range of VigorAP 920R Series (Line of Sight)
IP67 Rated Dust & Water Resistant
VigorAP 920R Series is IP67 certified water and dust-resistant. Along with its industrial-grade components, the VigorAP920R can withstand wind, rain, snow and tolerate extreme operating temperatures between -40°C and 70°C, making it suitable for extreme weather conditions.
Built to Last Outdoors
Gore-tex design allows any moisture build-up to escape.
PoE Power Input & Energy Efficient
Power to the VigorAP 920R Series AP is provided through the Ethernet cable from a PoE Ethernet switch or PoE injector providing flexible installation without the need for a nearby power source. In addition, the VigorAP 920RP/RPD can also provide power to another PoE-PD, such as an IP camera.
To save energy, the VigorAP 920R Series is IEEE802.3az compliant reducing its energy consumption when data activity is low.
VigorACS 2 & AP Management Compliant
The VigorAP 920R Series AP can be managed and monitored through the VigorACS 2 central management system. It can also be managed through the Central AP management feature of supported Vigor Routers. Through these central management platforms, the Network Administrator can perform provisioning and firmware upgrades to VigorAP 920R Series, and get an overview of client statistics.
The DrayTek VigorACS 2 central management system Dashboard view shows the most important status information of the VigorAP 920R Series AP on the one page.
The VigorAP 920R Series AP has an integrated temperature and humidity sensor which continuously monitors the environmental conditions (Temperature and Humidity) around the access point. If the VigorAP 920R Series AP internal temperature or humidity exceed the pre-set thresholds, an alert will be sent to the system administrator via Syslog or E-mail.
- 1 x 10/100/1000M Base-T PoE-capable RJ-45 Port (PoE-PD) (R model)
- 2 x 10/100/1000M Base-T PoE-capable RJ-45 Port (PoE-PD & PoE-PSE) (RP/RPD model)
- Factory Reset Button
- Built-in Sensor
- Temperature sensor
- Humidity sensor
- Power Saving
- IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet compliant
- Operating: -40°C ~ 70°C
- Storage: -40°C ~ 85°C
- Operating: 5% ~ 95%(non-condensing)
- IP67 Rated
- Dimension (mm)
- 160(W) x 255(H) x 80(D)
- 802.11ac Wave 2
- 2 x 2
- MU-MIMO (2 clients)
- Up to 128 clients per radio
- DHCP Server
- DHCP Relay Agent
- MAC Clone
- Up to 4 SSID per radio
- SSID-based 802.1Q VLAN
- WEP, WEP-802.1x, WPA-PSK, WPA-802.1x, WPA2-PSK, WPA2-802.1x
- Hidden SSID
- Client Isolation
- Access Control per SSID
- 802.1x Authentication
- Internal RADIUS Server: PEAP
- RADIUS Proxy: PEAP, EAP-TLS
- Performance Optimization
- Bandwidth Limit Per Station
- Auto-Adjustment Bandwidth Limit when spare bandwidth available
- AirTime Fairness
- Load Balancing
- Client Limit per radio
- Traffic Limit per radio*
- Force Overload Disassociation by RSSI Threshold, Idle Time*
- CFast Roaming (WPA2/802.1x)
- AP-Assisted Roaming (Disassociation by Basic Rate threshold, RSSI threshold, RSSI threshold with stronger signal guaranteed)
- Web Portal
- Welcome Message
- URL Redirection
- Button Click Authentication
- Mobile Device Management
- Access Control by device type
- Policy per SSID
- Client OS Statistics
- Operating Mode
- Access Point
- Universal Repeater
- AP Bridge WDS
- AP Bridge Point-to-Point (2.4 GHz only)
- AP Bridge Point-to-Multipoint (2.4 GHz only)
- Station Infrastructure (2.4 GHz only)
- Configuration & Monitoring
- Web Interface: HTTP, HTTPS
- CLI (Telnet)
- SNMP v2, v2c, v3
- TR-069 via VigorACS
- Vigor Router AP Management
- Configuration File Export & Import
- F/W upgrade
- HTTP, TR-069 via VigorACS
- Diagnostic Tool
- Speed Test
- AP Discovery
- WLAN Statistics
- Station Statistics
- Interference Monitor
Scenario: Holiday Park Wi-Fi
Ever since mobile devices such as Tablet PC’s and smart phones have become popular, Wi-Fi Access Points have become a necessity for our daily digital life.
Wi-Fi hotspots have been deployed at shopping centres, municipal councils, transport venues etc. to provide public with free Wi-Fi access. Besides, many businesses are now providing Wi-Fi access for their customers.
In this article we will look at a scenario in which a holiday park needs to provide Wi-Fi access for guests staying on their premises.
The holiday park has cabins and caravans throughout their establishment, all of which require Wi-Fi access, and the solution will involve a number of outdoor access points to cover the site. Since the weather outdoors can range from cold, windy and wet in winters to extremely hot and dusty during summer months, the access points should be capable of handling harsh outdoor environment, while ensuring reliable high speed Internet access across the premises.
One such access point is DrayTek’s VigorAP 920R Series.
To provide the holiday park with reliable Wi-Fi coverage, outdoor access points should meet the following specifications:
- Durable weatherproof IP67 rated enclosure
- Sturdy mounting hardware for pole/wall mounting
- Industrial grade components not affected by extreme temperatures
- 802.11ac Wave 2 Wi-Fi
- High gain wireless capability
- PoE powered
- Support for Wi-Fi Bridging between access points
In addition to Wi-Fi access, the holiday park may also require:
- Power and Internet connection for IP Security cameras mounted on the same pole as the access points
- Hotspot capability with user authentication to ensure only holiday park guests have Internet access
- Holiday park web site landing page when Wi-Fi guests connect to the Wi-Fi hotspot
- PoE powered IP cameras
The Recommended Solution:
Following diagram shows a sample layout of the holiday park
The Internet link comes into the main office through a Vigor2862 router. Power is available throughout the park but no data cabling exists, hence access points located throughout the park have to use Wi-Fi Bridging to connect to the main office network and the Internet. In some spots, the access points will require PoE capabilities. In addition, IP cameras can be provided with Internet access.
A VigorAP 920R located at the main office is configured to use AP Bridge – WDS mode to connect to the other VigorAP 920RP/RPD access points located throughout the park. These APs also provide PoE power for the IP cameras.
Recommended Product Details:
1) Main Internet Connection – DrayTek Vigor2862 Router
The Vigor2862 is a VDSL2/ADSL2+ Security Firewall router which is equipped with an RJ-11 DSL port and a Gigabit Ethernet WAN port in addition to two USB ports are designed to support 3G/4G/LTE USB modems for Internet access.
The Wi-Fi network will be connected to the Vigor2862 router to provide Internet access for park guests. The comprehensive firewall and content security management (CSM) ensures that the local network is secure from potential data security breaches. The user management features allow only guests of the holiday park to enjoy free Internet access, while the hotspot feature directs users to the holiday park web site for visitor information, etc.
2) DrayTek VigorAP 902R/RP/RPD Outdoor Access Point
The DrayTek VigorAP 920R Series access point is designed for outdoor applications providing high-performance wireless connectivity in harsh environments. Featuring an IP67 rated enclosure and industrial-grade components, it can withstand wind, rain, snow and tolerates extreme operating temperatures between -40°C and 70°C.
Furthermore, the 802.11ac Wave 2 compliance ensures fast and reliable connection even in a high-density network.
The VigorAP 20RP/RPD includes a PoE-Out GbE Port which can be used to provide power and network access to devices such as IP security cameras for monitoring the surrounding areas. An IP camera can be mounted near the access point and only a single UTP cable would be required for connection to the access point.
Wireless Bridging Between Access Points:
Since it’s a challenge to run UTP cables from the main office to each access point due to distance involved, we will link each access point to the main network using wireless bridging.
DrayTek VigorAP 920R Series boasts of large coverage areas of upto 200-metre radius due to its high gain antennas. At a distance of 150 metres typical Wi-Fi speeds are 8.95 Mbps on the 5 GHz band & 27 Mbps on the 2.4GHz band. Hence placing access points closer to each other will ensure higher Wi-Fi speeds as well as better coverage.
Auto-provisioning and configuration of the main router and access points can be done by the DrayTek VigorACS 2 central management system.
Dashboard view gives the network administrator an overview of key status of the holiday park network. If any alarm occurs, the network administrator can be alerted to ensure timely rectification of any issues.
Each access point can also monitor environmental conditions such as internal temperature and humidity levels, and alert the network administrator if any thresholds are exceeded.
Please click this link http://eu.draytek.com:50920/ for VigorAP 920R series web interface.