- Multi-WAN with 1 x built-in ADSL2+ modem, 1 x Gigabit Ethernet WAN port, 1 x USB WAN for Multi-WAN Load Balance and Failover
- 4 x Gigabit LAN ports with 50,000 NAT sessions
- Gigabit Ethernet LAN for network virtualization with up to 4 virtual networks on one device
- Built-in 802.11n Wireless LAN with advanced features for SMBs
- Object-based SPI Firewall with Content Security Management (CSM)
- Supports QoS functions
- 32 x VPN and 10 x SSL VPN tunnels with Load Balance and Redundancy for VPN
- 2 x USB ports supporting 3G / 4G modem, FTP server or network printer
- Supports Smart Monitor Traffic Analyzer (up to 30-nodes)
- Supports VigorACS SI Central Management (TR-069)
- Supports IPv6 standard
- 2 years back to base warranty
The multi-WAN interfaces include an ADSL2/2+ interface; a Gigabit Ethernet WAN interface and a USB port for 3G/4G mobile dongles. The Vigor2832n can connect to the Internet through any of these interfaces, or with a combination of interfaces for Load Balance and/or Failover functions.
The Vigor2832n router includes IEEE802.11n Wi-Fi with advanced features for SMBs, including Multiple SSIDs that can be assigned to VLANs and associated IP subnets.
The Vigor2832n router supports business features including an object-oriented SPI (Stateful Packet Inspection) firewall, IPv6, 32 VPN tunnels, 10 SSL VPN tunnels, tag-based VLAN, multiple subnets, etc.
Additional network security features include DoS Defence to protect the network from DoS attacks from the Internet, Content Security Management (CSM) that includes APP enforcement, URL, and Web Content Filter (WCF) as well as DNS Filter functions. WCF is an optional service that can be enabled to protect network users from undesirable website content.
The Vigor2832n router can be rack mounted using a 1RU rack-mount bracket on a standard 19” rack or cabinet.
1. WAN Connectivity
The Vigor2832n router supports 3 types of WAN Interfaces: an ADSL2+ WAN, a Gigabit Ethernet WAN and a USB port (WAN 3) for a supported USB 3G/4G USB modem
With between 2 to 3 WAN interfaces connected, you can configure the router for Load Balancing or Failover. For example, you can have ADSL2+ as your primary Internet connection and have a failover connection over an attached 4G USB modem.
2. Load Balance / Route Policy
The load Balance/Route Policy in the Vigor2832n router allows outgoing Internet traffic to be directed to the desired WAN interface based on matching criteria for the data flow. For example, traffic to a mail server may need to be sent through a particular service provider associated with one of the WAN connections.
3. LAN and VLAN
The Vigor2832n has 4 x Gigabit LAN ports and supports 50,000 NAT sessions.
The Vigor2832n supports both port-based and 802.1q tagged VLANs. Port-based VLANs allow the assignment of a VLAN and IP subnet to each router LAN port. On the other hand, 802.1q tagged VLANs can extend up to 8 VLANs and any of the four IP subnets to an attached switch.
4. Wireless LAN
The Vigor2832n has a built-in 2.4GHz IEEE 802.11n wireless Access Point that provides good coverage and excellent Wi-Fi performance. The MIMO technology with diversified antenna arrangement minimises interference effects and ensures good wireless performance.
All major Wi-Fi encryption protocols are supported: WEP, WPA, WPA2 and 802.11X, plus MAC Address access control, and DHCP Fixing to prevent unauthorized accessing.
The Web-portal setup (log-in) provides four rules along with 4 SSIDs. Each of the 4 SSIDs can be created and assigned to a VLAN and an IP subnet with separate security levels. The wireless VLAN function lets you isolate wireless clients from each other or from the “wired” LAN.
When users connect to the Wireless LAN, they will be directed to your customised log-in screen before any Internet access is permitted.
The usage information, such as how many and which clients are currently connected and how much bandwidth they consume, is recorded and can be displayed on the screen.
With WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) feature, you can press the WPS button on the front of the router to pass on the security keys to a client PC in the LAN, allowing for easy and safe access to the Wireless LAN.
5. Quality of Service (QoS)
QoS functions allow the network administrator to set priorities for certain types of traffic to guarantee the required level of performance for data flow. For example, real-time traffic such as VoIP or Video over IP can be prioritised as these have less tolerance for delays caused by network congestion.
The traffic type can be assigned to each of the three QoS classes and reserved bandwidth allocated.
The Vigor2832n has powerful firewall features including object-oriented SPI (Stateful Packet Inspection) firewall, DoS (Denial of Services), CSM (Content Security Management) and WCF (Web Content Filter).
Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI) Firewall monitors incoming and outgoing packets at layer 3 (OSI model) and passes or blocks the data packets based on the configuration.
The DoS feature protects the network from unwanted access requests from DoS attackers.
CSM enables network administrators to control and manage IM (Instant Messenger) and P2P (Peer-to-Peer) applications. For instance, you can keep network users from accessing inappropriate contents and ensure that network traffic flow is not affected by undesirable traffic types.
With WCF, all websites are classified into 64 categories; network administrators can select these categories to protect the users from undesirable website content. DrayTek uses the CYREN WCF database for Vigor2832n, and each router includes a free 30-day trial license.
The object-based firewall provides flexibility by using Objects in the firewall settings. Objects can be created and placed in groups for IP, service type, keyword, file extension, etc. This allows a filter rule to be applied to many IP addresses, reducing the number of firewall filters required. In addition, these objects and groups can be reused for other firewall settings resulting in reduced amount of work required to create multiple firewall rules.
Firewall rules can be applied according to a Time Schedule to control access to the Internet or network services according to predetermined time slots. Up to 4 time-schedules can be applied to each firewall filter rule. For example, social media can be restricted during work hours and be allowed during off-work hours in a company.
7. VPN & SSL-VPN
Vigor2832n supports up to 32 simultaneous VPN tunnels, of major protocols such as IPSec/PPTP/L2TP, and 10 tunnels of SSL VPN protocol. The dedicated VPN co-processor supports the hardware encryption of AES/DES/3DES, hardware key hash of SHA-1/MD5, and LDAP authentication, and ensures that VPN traffic is secure and performance is maximised.
The SSL technology allows secure Web encryption such as those used for on-line banking. With the Vigor2832n, you can create SSL VPN in Full Tunnel mode or Proxy mode.
Furthermore, since the Vigor2832n supports multi-WAN of DSL, Ethernet, and 3G/4G, you can create VPN Trunking for VPN Load Balance and VPN Backup. For instance, you can use a number of connections to a site to increase the bandwidth, or have a backup connection when the primary connection fails.
8. Remote Access Management
The Vigor2832n includes a number of management options to provide both local and remote access to monitor and manage the router.
The TR-069 feature integrates with the DrayTek’s VigorACS-SI centralised management system. This allows system integrators or network administrators to configure, monitor and manage the Vigor2832n remotely from the comfort of their offices or homes. It can also be used to Auto-Provision the Vigor2832n remotely by sending configuration data to the router. There are 3 wizards: a Configuration Wizard, a VPN Wizard, and a Firmware Upgrade Wizard. These allow network administrators to carry out complex tasks quickly and easily.
Alarm & Log Management features ensure real-time notifications and alerts to specified phone numbers or email accounts for any faults or issues of the connected CPEs.
A number of diagnostic functions are available for the network administrator to monitor and troubleshoot network issues. These include Data Flow Monitor, Traffic Graph, and Syslog Explorer, etc.
Like all Vigor routers, Vigor2832n supports management options include HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SSH, Telnet and SNMP.
- DHCP Client
- Static IP
- 802.1p/q Multi-VLAN Tagging
- Ethernet WAN
- DHCP Client, Static IP, PPPoE, PPTP, L2TP, 802.1q Multi-VLAN Tagging
- Tunnel Mode: TSPC, AICCU, 6rd, Static 6in4
- Dual Stack: PPP, DHCPv6 Client, Static IPv6
- WAN Connection Failover
- WAN Budget
- Load Balance/Route Policy
- Ethernet LAN
- IPv4/IPv6 DHCP Server
- Static Routing/RIP
- Multiple Subnets
- Port/Tag-based VLAN
- 3.5G/4G-LTE as WAN
- Printer Server/File Sharing
- Multi-NAT, DMZ Host, Port-redirection and Open Port
- Object-based Firewall, Object IPv6, Group IPv6
- MAC Address Filter
- SPI (Stateful Packet Inspection) (Flow Track)
- DoS/DDoS Prevention
- IP Address Anti-spoofing
- E-mail Alert and Logging via Syslog
- Time Schedule Control
- Firewall v3
- User Management
- System Maintenance
- HTTP/HTTPS with 2-level Management (Admin/User)
- Logging via Syslog
- SNMP Management MIB-II (v2/v3)
- CLI (Command Line Interface, Telnet/SSH)
- Administration Access Control
- Web-based Diagnostic Functionality
- Firmware Upgrade via TFTP/FTP/HTTP/TR-069
- CWMP Support (TR-069/TR-104)
- LAN Port Monitoring
- Network Management
- Bandwidth Management by Session/Bandwidth
- User Management by Time/Data Quota
- LAN DNS and DNS Forwarding
- Dynamic DNS
- IGMP Snooping/Proxy v2 and v3
- QoS (DSCP/Class-based/4-level Priority)
- Guarantee Bandwidth for VoIP
- Support Smart Monitor (Up to 30 nodes)
- IEEE802.11n 2.0 Compliant
- Multiple SSIDs
- Encryption (64/128-bit WEP,WPA/ WPA2,802.1x)
- Hidden SSID
- Wireless Rate Control
- Wireless VLAN
- Wireless LAN Isolation
- MAC Address Access Control
- Access Point Discovery
- Wireless Client List
- WDS (Wireless Distribution System)
- WMM (Wi-Fi Multimedia)
- SSID VLAN Grouping with LAN Port
- Up to 32 VPN Tunnels (Including 10 SSL-VPN Tunnels)
- Protocol : PPTP, IPsec, L2TP, L2TP over IPsec
- Encryption : MPPE and Hardware-based AES/DES/3DES
- Authentication : MD5, SHA-1
- IKE Authentication : Pre-shared Key and Digital Signature (X.509)
- LAN-to-LAN, Teleworker-to-LAN
- DHCP over IPsec
- IPsec NAT-traversal (NAT-T)
- Dead Peer Detection (DPD)
- VPN Pass-through
- VPN Wizard
- VPN Trunk: VPN Backup and Load Balance
- 1 x ADSL2/2+ Port (WAN-1), RJ-11 for Annex A/RJ-45 for Annex B
- 1 x 1000Base-TX, RJ-45 (WAN-2)
- 4 x 10/100/1000Base-TX LAN, RJ-45
- 2 x Detachable Antennas
- 2 x USB Host 2.0
- 1 x Factory Reset Button
- 1 x Wireless On/Off/ WPS Button
Security & Firewall Multi-WAN Load Balancing/Failover
Open Link in New Tab http://eu.draytek.com:12832/